Spring has been delayed by the still freezing bite of winter in Scotland. Never have I craved the arrival of spring more.
Not a bad week in terms of progress for side projects.
Shipped a few changes to PenMuse that allows me to structure the writing prompts for each week under a collection. The long term plan here is to be able to generate a markdown file that I can use as a base for creating a printed book. I’m still a long ways off but with over 300 writing prompts in the PenMuse database, I‘ve got a good base to begin with.
Also got a first version out of the door for another side-project that’s golf related. Going to pitch this to a few clubs in the area. Just trying to make the process of registering and maintaining golf events a lot easier.
On a golf related note the course is still closed, but we’re seeing more patches of green on the braes so perhaps this week we’ll see Ethan back on the course again.
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Team Sky ‘crossed ethical line’ - doping in sport report // BBC Sport - Road cycling is pretty much tarnished for me. Just can’t watch the big tours anymore.
- Shaquem Griffin and Josh Allen among winners at NFL Combine in Indianapolis // Sky Sports - Despite losing his lower right arm, aged 4, Shaquem Griffin is proving he can compete with the rest of the NFL stock draft at this year’s combine.
- Twitter’s solution to its verification problem is to verify everyone // Quartz - I think Twitter aren’t doing particularly great but I could be wrong. This seems like another thing they should have done years ago.
- Two photographers, unbeknownst to one another, shoot the same picture at the same moment // Boing Boing - Amazing.
- RetweetRip - I’ve added this to my timeline. Already seeing a little improvement in the quality of my timeline. Black Panther has crossed the $1 billion mark worldwide // The Verge - Amazing movie and well deserved success.
- The 25 Essential Tools of Excellence (v2), 1: The Wall and A Ball // Nicholas Bate - Nicholas Bate returns with another great series.
- The Bank and Trust of Us // Rhoneisms - Patrick Rhone advises us to invest wisely in relationships.
- Toronto’s real estate market is imploding // Boing Boing - I wrote about this during the week. It would be great to see the market catch it’s breathe for a while.
- Sunlit 2.0 now available // Manton Reece - I’ve installed this but only used it a couple of times. Still it’s a great companion app to Micro.blog.
- The Last of Us VoxelArt // Twitter - Some VoxelArt from The Last of Us 👍