The boys both had their own golf games this week. Ethan was down at Troon on Friday for a friendly match with Renfrewshire Golf Union against Glasgow Golf Union. He did great on the day and despite recording a couple of high scores, he walked away with the top prize. Drew was playing today at Williamwood Golf Club in Glasgow. Just a flag competition for him. He gets so many shots to get round the first nine holes. He made it to the 5th hole and was thoroughly chuffed with himself. Hoping to get the boys out next week with better weather on the way.
I’ve also started testing a small product with a number of potential customers this week. I’m still keeping this under wraps until I get some feedback.
- Thank you for 10 years // GitHub - It’s been 10 years since GitHub first launched. I’ve had a chequered past with GitHub but I’ve come to rely on them heavily in the last couple of years and they’ve been releasing really great features for their source code management service.
- Atom - The best text editor for macOS // The Sweet Setup - I can see why TSS picked this text editor. It’s free, has a big community behind it and it is getting better in terms of performance. It wouldn’t be my first choice, but it is a fairly decent text editor.
- A Guide to Micro.blog For People Who Have A Love/Hate Relationship With Twitter
- Web apps are only getting better // The Verge - Web applications are catching up with native apps in terms of the experience they can offer. I’ve got a few icons on my iPhone that are just links to such web apps.
- The MacSparky iPhone Field Guide // Tools and Toys - I’m sure there’s stuff in here that even I don’t know about.
- Three Shots // Rhoneisms - Patrick Rhone has a way of ensuring you only have the shots that really matter from your day-trips and excursions. Narrow your whole trip down to just three photos.
- Wavelength for Micro.blog // Manton Reece - Manton Reece has expanded on the type of content you can create on Micro.blog is with a dedicated app for creating micro-casts. I have to say, this little community of bloggers is really looking great. Great apps, great content and great people. I’m really glad that I signed up for this.
- Syfy’s The Expanse is back: here’s what you need to know to get caught up // The Verge - Yet to see this appear on Netflix. Hopefully it won’t be too long.
- Instagram will soon let users download a copy of their data // The Verge - This is great news for Instagram users. Still waiting on Path to do the same though.