Trying to enjoy the summer while baking in what has been a really hot start to it. Glasgow had its hottest day on record this week!
Ethan’s start to the summer of golf has been put back after he fractured his toe during the last week of school. He’s now having to rest his foot for a couple of weeks by which time we’ll be on holiday. That’s the boys finished for school as well. Ethan is off to high school next in August.
During the last two weeks I watched the second season of Luke Cage. I enjoyed it and like the ending to it. Me and Jennifer have also started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. Good to watch but how much bad shit can happen to one person?
- Reclaiming RSS // Aral Balkan What RSS is and how it can help your site. In a digital world of algorithmic timelines trying to do content curation for you, I’ve always found RSS to be much easier to use.
- 100 Useful Things - A project to curate 100 useful things. Great idea, but given there are already three bikes on the list, I’m not too sure that the final list will feature 100 unique useful things.
- Three Missions // Field Notes - The Field Notes summer drop is here and it’s going to be one of my favourites.
- Fortnite Rocket Launches, Cracks The Sky // Kotaku - Me and the boys logged on to Fortnite on Saturday night to watch the rocket launch. I can see why the boys like the game so much, but I wish the progression system offered more rewards for the time spent on the game.
- Overwatch’s next hero is Wrecking Ball, a superintelligent hamster in a giant, rolling mech suit // The Verge - The boys play Fortnite but I prefer Overwatch. Great to see another hero added to the line up.
- Bear tools built by the community // Bear Notes & Prose - A collection of tools created for use with Bear.
- Edit for iOS is as simple as a sheet of paper // Cult of Mac - And while we’re talking about writing apps, do you need another one? Of course you do!
- IndieBookClub // Manton Reece - I love this. This will make book discovery much easier.
- Preview of Sunlit 2.2 // Manton Reece - I haven’t been a big user of Sunlit but I do want to use my blog more for posting photos. This will be a welcome update when it’s released.