A horrible week this week with the incident that happened in Toronto on Monday afternoon. Thankfully my mother-in-law (who works in downtown Toronto) was far away from where the incident happened. It’s horrible seeing a great city like Toronto featured in the news like this. Toronto is home from home for me.
Ended the week on a positive note with a family trip to the cinema to see Avengers: Infinity War. It was amazing and well worth the wait. I have my own little theory about how this is going to all pan out, but I’m keeping it to myself. 😉
- GDPR, FastMail and you // FastMail Blog - This is the kind of changes I love to see from SAAS companies. Making changes for the benefit of all their customers. It shames Facebook and their recent move to exempt themselves from GDPR regulation.
- Apple Should Make an Instagram Clone - I would love to see this, but definitely a cross-platform one, but also because of the next link.
- Real People Are Turning Their Accounts Into Bots On Instagram — And Cashing In // BuzzFeed - I haven’t been as active on Instagram in the last couple of weeks, this news of bots isn’t making the platform anymore appealing.
- Overcast 4.2: The privacy update // Marco.org - This week I’ve been making changes to a number of web applications for GDPR. Starting to see the benefit of privacy by design. This update for Overcast sums it up nicely.
- Jot Down Those Ideas // Execupundit - Wise words from Michael Wade.
- So much good stuff from Nicholas Bate this week! - Jagged Thoughts, The Flight Deck and the Daily Protocol.