Another week closer to Christmas, another week of school and club activities for the boys.
We started off on Monday with the primary school nativity. Drew as always took it all in his stride and put in a very casual but confident performance as a shepherd. Monday night was the final RGU coaching session for 2017. Just a fun night for the boys really as they tried out different types of shots.
It looks like the season is over for the Packers tonight. It was a big ask for Rogers to come back and take the Packers to a victory over the Panthers, and for a while it looked like it was possible. Sadly though, it just didn’t go in the Packers favour. Just need to wait for next season now and enjoy the remainder of the season and the playoffs.
The highlight of the week though was seeing The Last Jedi on Friday night. A great follow-up to The Force Awakens.
- The web we may have lost – Medium - Net neutrality is all but lost. I was really disappointed with the result of the vote but then there’s no competing with the vast sums of money corporate America is paying out to get this changes through. Yes, it’s effectively a bribe.
- BuJoPro: Thoughts on Adapting Bullet Journal to a Hyper-Connected World - Study Hacks - Cal Newport - A few ideas from Cal Newport on making bullet journaling more effective with digital tools.
- Netflix is bringing The Punisher back for a second season - The Verge - Great news. I really enjoyed this.
Are you still using an RSS reader? - The Verge Yes, I’m still using an RSS reader. It’s the only sane way of following anything on the Internet.
- If you see something, do something – Rhoneisms - A reminder that actions speak louder than words.
- Why Horizon Zero Dawn is my game of the year - The Verge - Horizon was a great game and my favourite of the year.
- Firefox is on a slippery slope - Mozilla certainly didn’t win any fans with this little marketing stunt.
- Nice Threads - Twitter seems to be in a continual state of change these days. It sometimes feels like it’s harder to keep up with Twitter itself than my own timeline.
- The iMac Pro is a beast, but it's not for everybody - The Verge - Apple released their iMac Pro this week and with a hefty price tag on it too. Not necessary for my line of work. I just don’t need this amount of computing power for writing code.