They say that life begins at 40. Well, they haven’t had the week I’ve had when it comes to ailments. Headaches were the worst part. I haven’t had headaches like this for years.
Back to school for the boys this week and back to work for me and Jen. Client work is keeping me as busy as ever but I’m having to manage my time a bit better as I’m spending more time writing new content for the DigitalBothy blog.
I skipped on pre-ordering the iPhone X. Cost isn’t the whole reason, but just part of it. I’m still using an iPhone 5 SE. It’s still got at least another couple of years in it. I’m a bit picky these days about where my hard-earned cash goes when it comes to gadgets.
- The pause button - Sometimes you just need to hit the pause button. Hat-tip to Patrick Rhone for this one.
- This illustrated kids’ book of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is out of this world - Preordered! I couldn’t resist. E.T. is one of those movies that we love watching as a family and I’m sure that Drew will enjoy this as a book can learn to read with.
- Puerto Rico Se Levanta, and a post-hurricane prayer for you - Annie Mueller’s update from Puerto Rico. Glad to here Annie and her family are well.
- Pace yourself - Do you pace yourself? A reminder that you can’t go full steam ahead, you need to maintain a level of consistency.
- CBS has renewed Star Trek: Discovery for a second season - Loving this series of Star Trek so far. Darker than most but still very entertaining.
- xkcd: Making Progress - When most days feel like this you’re doing something wrong.
- 10-year-old Maxwell “Bunchie” Young has been touted as the next big thing in football. Have coaches bought in? - At 10 years old, Maxwell Young is already receiving scholarship offers from universities to play American Football. Too young for an offer? I think so. Still, you can’t deny the kids clear enthusiasm and motivation to succeed.
- The next mini - Apparently the mini is to an important part of Apple’s product lineup. It would be great to see an updated line of Mac mini’s but not just in specs but in design as well.
- The Uncanny Resurrection of Dungeons & Dragons - I haven’t played the game in years, but great to hear that Dungeons & Dragons is on the rise again.
- Slack’s powerful new screen sharing feature is better than the rest - Thank goodness. Another reason to ditch Skype, but only if the clients decided to up their Slack plans.
- Can Twitter’s community fix Twitter? Here are your suggestions to save it. - I’ve been saying it for a while now but I still think the best way to save Twitter is with a paid tier that removes ads and provides a better of experience of the platform. I also like the idea of labelling bots. App.net had this built in from the start when it was running but policing something like this would be difficult.