Another busy week work wise. Counting the days now until the holiday.
- It’s official: Microsoft has acquired GitHub for $7.5 billion // The Next Web - it happened and it happened fast. I really hope Microsoft help GitHub flourish and develop. I can’t help but be cynical though about the future of GitHub. Microsoft doesn’t have a great past when it comes to keeping acquisitions alive. And yes, I did move to GitLab.
- WWDC 2018: iOS 12, macOS Mojave, and More Announced // Mac Rumours - Lots of great improvements coming to iOS and macOS.
- Your Phone Is Listening and it’s Not Paranoia // VICE - I’ve been watching this play out my wife’s iPhone. Ads that appear relating to conversations we’ve had in the previous day. Very creepy.
- Summer Reading List // Michael Wade - Need something to read?
- Seth Godin to the World: You’re Still Not Blogging Daily?! // CJ Chilvers - Note to self. Must blog daily.
- Pre-order Edit for iOS // Tools and Toys - Writing on the go just got easier. I like the idea of this app.
- Basics 7: The Basic Basics // Nicholas Bate - More great stuff from Nicholas.
- Jagged Thoughts for Jagged Times, 305 // Nicholas Bate - One for my daily muse colllection.
- That picture from the G7 summit - If you ever needed a picture that summed up the state of the political world, it’s this one.