Bit of a quiet week this week as Ethan was away for most of it on a school trip just down the coast. Four days of jam-packed sports at the Inverclyde National Sports Training Centre. He had a great time and even managed to get an hour of golf in as well.
- The boys on the ice // BBC News - I linked to this on Micro.blog during the week but I’m including it on here as well. A tragic story about stowaways onboard a ship bound for Canada.
- Microsoft reportedly in talks to acquire GitHub // The Next Web - Scratch that. Microsoft has acquired GitHub. The GitLab account is standing by to move any repos over, but I’m not completely moving everything across yet. I’ll be keeping a close-eye though on responses to other developers to this news. I’m not happy at the news. I think GitHub’s days could be numbered now.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey teased ahead of E3 // The Verge - The next game in the Assassin’s Creed saga. At one point I was a bit tired of the games, but since AC Origins, my interest has renewed again. I love the nice use of a lambda sign doubling up as the Asassin’s Creed insignia on the artwork for AC Odyssey.
- Desktop-Class Productivity for iPad // Cultured Code - External keyboard support for Things now makes it a very formidable task management app for iOS.
- Ulysses 13 // MacSparky - As well as the new version of Things 3, we’ve also got a new version of Ulysses. Great when major app updates like this all come together.
- Mobile Safari is holding the iPad back // 9to5Mac - I’ve made a recent switch to Firefox on iOS but it suffers from the same problems as Safari for iOS. They’re just not competent browsers for the bigger iPad Pro models.