A great week for the boys this week. Ethan managed to get a couple of cuts in his handicap at the golf. Drew is moving up a class to ActiveTigers for his Tae Kwon Do and also too 3rd place in the drive, chip and putt challenge at the golf club today for his age category. Needless to say he was chuffed to bits and couldn’t wait to tell his big brother!
Me and Jennifer continued with the second season of The Crown this week. A great series and one I didn’t think I would enjoy.
- 13 things to know about the GDPR, Mozilla and Firefox // Mozilla - Glad to see that someone is cutting through the GDPR terminology and trying to explain.
- The 25 Essential Tools of Excellence (v2), 19: The Fixie // Nicholas Bate - A bike everyone should own. Doesn’t need to have a fixed wheel on it either. Can be a simple single-speed with brakes at the front and back. The simplicity of the single gear though is still there whether it’s fixed or not.
- Battlefield V’s creators: female characters are ‘here to stay’ // The Verge - I can’t believe the fallout from this. I fully support Dice’s decision on this though. It would be great to see more female characters in games of this type and genre.
- The director of Logan is reportedly making a Boba Fett movie // The Verge - Now confirmed as happening but I’m slightly worried that people are already getting Star Wards fatigue. Solo is set to have the lowest opening weekend for all Star Wars movies. The MCU has enough variety between characters and stories to ensure that we don’t get fed up with Marvel, but after Infinity Wars I wonder where the MCU will go next and whether there will be a new line up of Avengers.
- 1Password 7 for Mac // MacSparky - Downloaded the upgrade and it automatically moved everything across for me. 1Password is one of those software products that I will probably use for as long as they exist.
- The Mighty Index Card // Michael Wade - The understated index card. It really is a great thing to have handy.
- Dark theme in a day // Marcin Wichary - I’ve been working on this for the PenMuse website to try and add better accessibility for everyone to use it. I’m still a little bit away fro this, but the process has been an eye-opener.