The school shootings in Florida a couple of week’s ago are still fresh in my mind. The continued defence of guns and the right to bear arms is wearing. People will agree and disagree on this and there will likely be no change in the laws. Just politicians going round in circles defending the organisations that they have been paid to defend.
I am glad to see though that there are young people in America wanting a change. Perhaps we’ll just have to wait for these youngsters to take positions in American politics for any real change to happen.
I’m still reading a bunch of articles on the fallout from the shooting in Florida which I’ve grouped together first.
- This single cartoon about school shootings is breaking people’s hearts // The Washington Post -
- Understanding the Second Amendment: What Dana Loesch’s CNN Town Hall statements got wrong about history // Quartz
- Parkland Shooting Survivors Just Proved Only Teens Should Interview Po // Fast Company
And here’s the rest of my weekly links.
- KGI: Apple to release all new high-end over-ear headphones later this year // 9to5Mac - I’m still dubious about the practicality of AirPods, but I’d be more likely to buy over-ear headphones from Apple instead.
- My Little Commonplace Book // Mike Rohde - Mike Rohde shares a few entries of his commonplace book.
- Teaser: Syfy’s The Expanse will return on April 11th // The Verge - The crew of the Rocinante are back in April!
- Random Thoughts: The Book is Out // Michael Wade - Ordered!
- New UK-Made Full Suspension Switch9er From Stanton Bikes // Singletrack Magazine - Steel full-suspension mountain bikes? Nice!
- Books to Make You a Smarter Person // Tools and Toys - Some must reads here.
- Rhoneisms - Only the work is the work.
- Alto’s Odyssey and the art of the perfect sequel // The Verge - The perfect sequel? I think so. I’ve already spent a crazy amount of time on this game. It’s only one of a handful of games that I would happily buy and install on my phone.