I didn’t stay up or the Super Bowl on Sunday night but I managed to catch up with a much more condensed version on Monday with all the highlights. I wanted to the Eagles to win this so much but I didn’t think it was going to be a walk over against the Patriots. On the night though, the Eagles showed why they’re the best team in the league and Foles done a great job on the night. Calm and cool under pressure.
Thursday seen Ethan back out on the course for an hour with Andy, our club professional. Setup is getting much better and shots are more consistent now. We’re getting to the stage now where Andy is getting picky with parts of Ethan’s swing and his game in general. It’s great seeing him progress though in just a few weeks.
I had the day off on Friday as it was Jennifer’s birthday. We celebrated that night with a visit to our favourite local restaurant. Great food and great company!
- This restaurant in Spain hasn’t closed its doors since 1725 // Boing Boing - One or the bucket list? It’s on Patrick Rhone’s list.
- Instagram is testing a feature that lets users ‘Regram’ posts to Stories // The Verge - Instagram is treading on a slippery slope. With more content appearing on people’s stories, I may be less inclined to flick through them.
- What’s on My Desk Mobile Edition // Curtis McHale - A look at a great set of tools for the mobile worker. The Game of Thrones showrunners are writing a new Star Wars film series // The Verge - More Star Wars on the box? Yes please!
- Facebook’s Desperate Smoke Screen - Study Hacks // Cal Newport - Engagement = Profit. That’s how social media works, but the engagement is just another word for addictiveness. It would be nice to see a social media platform that focuses on being a great place for people to create content first.
- Hairy Bikers’ Mediterranean Adventure - Watched the final episode of this on Thursday night. Got a few ideas now that I want to try in the kitchen. Jennifer still isn’t convinced on the octopus though.