That’s the holidays over and everything is getting back to normal. Well, almost!
Managed to make it to the movies on Tuesday to see Jumanji and then a visit to the driving range with the boys on Wednesday rounded off their holidays before they went back to school on Thursday.
Also watched Bright on Netflix this week. Not a bad movie and I didn’t think it deserved the criticism it got. Me and Jennifer have also started watching Godless on Netflix as well. Really enjoying it so far.
I’ve managed to set Star Wars Battlefront 2 (it’s growing on me) and Overwatch to the side and installed Assasin’s Creed Origins. So far I’m impressed. I haven’t played the series since Black Flag, so the absence of playing any of the recent AC games might be the reason I’m enjoying it so much.
I’m reading Persepolis Rising, the seventh book in the Expanse series. This book picks up sometime after the events of Babylon’s Ashes. I’m still enjoying this series and it’s been great getting to know what the crew of the Rocinante have been up to.
- Twitter: We’re not going to ban Donald Trump - Quartz - After calls for Trump to be blocked from Twitter, it seems that world leaders are above being blocked from the platform. Whether you like Trump or not, he’s clearly good news for Twitter investors.
- Presidential murder as a deterrent to nuclear war - Kottke.org - As the fallout (sorry) from another Trump tweet throws the Twittersphere into chaos, an idea to distance the US President from launching nuclear weapons was revealed from the early eighties.
- All the science fiction, fantasy, and horror books that everyone will be talking about in 2018 - The Verge - Some book recommendations for 2018 from The Verge. The Armoured Saint and Luna are two that caught my interest.
- 2018 Resolutions - Matt Gemmell - Matt provides some updates on his plans for 2018. Running theme for many people is that Twitter isn't a great place to be these days.
- Ruby Minimalist wallpapers - Little collection of wallpapers for Ruby developers.