I’m still a couple of weeks away from finishing for the holidays, plenty of work to keep me busy.
Drew had a great weekend with the golf club Christmas party on Saturday and Jennifer took him down to the winter festival in town this morning. Despite the cold he had a great time.
I finished watching The Punisher this week on Netflix. Jon Bernthal was great as Shane in The Walking Dead. The violence might be a bit much for some people but the story was great. One to watch.
Looking forward to The Last Jedi on Friday!
- EA's Battlefront II changes highlight the disconnect between gameplay and progress - The Verge - I’m still not convinced that Battlefront II is worth playing long term. Between points, parts and credits, I swear you need a fucking PhD to fathom out how to progress in the game. And don’t even get me started on the slow grind to progress. This game’s days are definitely numbered on my PS4. With Battlefront II being a major disappointment, I’m counting the days to the release of The Last of Us Part 2.
- Friction and silo dead-ends - Manton Reece - While I agree with Manton’s concerns about the upcoming repost feature on Instagram, I do enjoy the photo-sharing platform. I really hope that it doesn’t turn into another messed up timeline like Twitter.
- Rocky Mountain Builds Custom Bike For Wade Simmons - Another Wade Simmons build, another amazing bike by Rocky Mountain.
- An incomplete list of smart folks that make my day better – Patrick Rhone - I count myself humbled to listed amongst such great bloggers. I really need to get back to blogging in 2018.
- Persepolis Rising sets the stage for the end of The Expanse - The Verge - I’ve really enjoyed these books. It’s got me back into ready science fiction again.
- A crushing video of a starving polar bear forces viewers to face climate change — Quartz - Distressing to watch but it really hits home the issue of climate change.
- GitHub's technology predictions for 2018 - Lots to look forward to if Github’s predictions are right. Perhaps the biggest impact will come from the fight for net neutrality.
- Watch the new trailer for Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One - The Verge - Looking forward to this.
- The first trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom features dinosaurs and erupting volcanos - The Verge - Rescuing dinosaurs from a volcanic island? Why not.