I missed last week's weekly digest due to an ongoing battle the sniffles that I have only recently came out on top of.
Last weekend's highlight was a Sunday afternoon at the golf club with Drew taking part in a putting competition in the clubhouse. The kids were supposed to play on the course that day but with some snow on the course the kids had to make do with the putting competition. Drew had a great time up there and as always, Ethan was there guiding him with each putt.
Me and Jennifer hit the shops on Friday to finish up the Christmas shopping and then on Saturday we got round to putting up the Christmas tree. We're not the earliest to have our tree up, we already seen a few up before December even started.
The biggest downer of last week (and the month) was the release of Star Wars Battlefront II. I loved the first game and I really wanted the new game to have all the elements of the first game but on a wider selection of bigger maps.
I can't begin to describe how much of a disappoint the game has been and that is without the controversial loot boxes. What it boils down to though is the amount of hours you need to put in to progress in the game. I am not going to give up completly on the game though. I expect there to be some major changes coming soon and hopefully this will address some of the issues.
- How to start blogging in 2017? - Be nice if there was an increase in bloggers over the next few years. Social media is too big to consume which is why I love the idea of subscribing to individuals and their blogs. Much easier to manager.
- How I used my Jibun Techo in 2017 - Belle Beth Cooper writes about her different ways of using the Jibun Techo.
- GTD in 15 minutes – A Pragmatic Guide to Getting Things Done - I'm not a die-hard GTD follower, but the basics of it are always worth a read every six months just to make sure I'm not missing anything out.
- The Woodworker Who Quit Email - Cal Newport - A reminder that we also need to focus on learning and honing our skills rather than just marketing them.
- The Dogme 17 Manifesto: a guide to better blogging | ignore everybody - Bookmarked as an essential read.
- NFL UK on Twitter: “Celebration of the season contender…?Take it away @Eagles 🕺🏾 🕺🏾 🕺🏾 - NFL celebrations are getting better and better! Eagles are definitely winning on the field with the celebrations though.
- Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index - Digiconomist - I’ve never understood the Bitcoin thing. This makes it even more unappealing though. Having to use massive amounts of electricity just to make a profit? No thanks.
- What is this daily miracle we have - Great to hear that Annie Mueller and her family finally have power in their house.
- EA's Star Wars Battlefront II backtrack shows the limitations of loot boxes - Perhaps one of the worst game launches in the history of gaming.