The cold has been doing the rounds in the Lang household this week. The boys and I have gotten with light sniffles this week, but Jennifer been the worse affected. Hopefully, it will pass in the next couple of days though.
I took the boys to the Glasgow Golf Centre on Tuesday. I always take Ethanto here but Drew has been chomping at the bit to go, so he came along as well. Ethan did all his usual practices and drills, with Drew watching closely behind. It was a great experience for Drew, and I’ll be taking him back over the winter, but only once every few weeks.
We had the boys parent’s night this week as well. Both their teachers had nothing but praise for them, but Ethan could be doing with spending a bit more time reading. He’s never really been a reader, but we’re still trying to find the right book or genre that gets him reading just a bit more than he does now.
On Saturday we hit the cinema to see the latest Thor movie, Thor: Ragnarok. We’ve seen all the Marvel movies for the MCU with the exception of Dr Strange. Up to this point, the family favourite has been Ant-Man, but I think Thor: Ragnarok might just have stole that title. It was hilarious, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Colin Kaepernick Will Not Be Silenced - GQ - Kaepernick not playing is a great loss for the game, and he did a lot to get people talking about the issues he was protesting about. Sadly he’s now been without a team for over a year, and his return to the NFL isn’t looking likely.
- iA Writer 5 for iOS — Tools and Toys - I have an unhealthy addiction to writing apps, but glad to see of those that I have held onto, iA Writer is getting a significant update this week.
- Anker PowerPort 6 USB Wall Charger — Tools and Toys - I bought one of these last year, and it’s been such a time-saver to have one place in the house where all the devices get charged. No more hunting for chargers and cables for gadgets!
- The fastest and slowest ways to charge your iPad - Cult of Mac - I’m not that desperate to charge my iPad Pro as fast as possible, but still worth knowing.
- Today in Apple history: Apple’s last (and greatest) mechanical keyboard - I wish someone would do a Kickstarter to manufacture a bloody good keyboard like this. Oh, and it needs to be wired. Bluetooth is a nightmare.
- Because you’re passionate about it - Manton Reece - A reminder that passion for your product can go a long way.
- Monster thunderstorm supercell in Montana - An amazing shot of a storm. Looks like something from a movie.
- Ornot Ass Saver - PEDAL Consumption - With the wet weather being an everyday thing it might be time to order up some new Ass Savers for the bikes.
- 10 rules for Thanksgiving - Every year Michael Wade posts his rules for Thanksgiving. If you’re celebrating Thanksgiving, gives these rules a read.
- What We Know About 2018 - Nicholas Bate continues his latest series on what to expect next year. Required reading folks!