This is the first in an ongoing series of weekly posts that I am going to do. With Micro.blog taking over for shorter posts, I still want to write longer posts here. Seems fitting that I write a weekly update including what’s been happening and what I’ve found interesting on the web. Enjoy!
In a week that has been dominated by another mass shooting in the US, once again, people are raising questions about gun control laws and civil rights when it comes to bearing fire arms. I believe a step in the right direction is more restrictions on gun ownership and how many guns a single person can own, but that’s just my 2 cents.
With daylight becoming scarce now, it's time to get Ethan back to the driving range and the golf centre for some indoor practice. It doesn't compare to being out on the course, but it's the next best thing. He spent some time on short game this week in preparation for the Lexwell Trophy, a team stabelford event which is held at Elderslie Golf Club every year. Unfortnately the Paisley team couldn't get the points needed for another win, but I was glad to see Ethan hitting the ball well throughout his round. Well done to the Kilmacolm boys who look set to have a great team for this in the next few years.
Star Trek Discovery has been entertaining and with episode 3 now aired, I think I’m in this for the long haul. I especially liked the end of episode 3 though. A sense of darkness about the upcoming episodes perhaps? From what I’ve watched, Star Trek television shows have never veered too much on darker stories. I like where Discovery is going with this though.
I'm back to writing content for the DigitalBothy blog. The importance of such content for the blog might not seem like much now, but in the long term I want to gather enough interested people and organisations to sign up for my Bothybytes newsletter which will accompany the blog and be launched in November.
- How I got to 200 productive hours a month - This week’s required reading folks.
- Plan Your Bursts - Great advice from Michael Wade.
- Jagged thoughts for jagged times #244 - Plan the work, work the plan.
- Marc Leishman’s wife criticises US crowd - Disappointed to read this. I’ve attended a few of the bigger golf tournaments now and have never seen this kind of behaviour.
- Insight Astronomy Photographer of the Year - Some amazing photography here.
- Teeny Tiny Masterpiece - Micro masterpieces. The detail in these is amazing.
- The Growth in Cloud Storage Continues: 400 Petabytes of Storage - Great to see BackBlaze growing.
- Mozilla Awards Over Half a Million to Open Source Projects - The Mozilla Blog - Great to see Mozilla supporting open source.
- 16 science fiction, fantasy, and horror books to read this October - Your reading list for October.
- Shanghai Dragons: the Overwatch League reveals its first team name and logo - As an overwatch fan I can’t wait for this to begin. Also great to share an interest with the boys.
- Scripting News: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - Just let Twitter be Twitter.
- Fifteen years - I am envious of Matt Gemmell. Fifteen years writing. What an achievement.
- Unfinish - Limited Edition Confidant - A new product from BaronFig.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights - I stumbled upon this after doing reading on the US civil right to bear arms.
- Watch Aaron Draplin design a logo in 15 minutes - He makes it look so easy.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins finds new life in a new setting - Having skipped the last AC games I’m looking forward to seeing if this genuinely offer a new take on the game.
- DC’s heroes unite in the new Justice League trailer - I have to admit, the DC movies are starting to grow on me. I can't wait to see this.